G'day, Y'all:

 I awoke at 04:40 AM today when the internal speaker of my
Win2k boxen started sounding a tone.  While I was up shutting
it down, I noticed the HD activity lamp on my linux firewall
was indicating activity.  I selected the console window where
I leave 'top' running.  I found that 'find' and 'sort' were
being run by 'nobody'.  I've installed no 'at' or 'cron' jobs.
It is a Slackware v8.0, kernel 2.2.19, custom compile system.

'who' showed my console logins only.

Why was 'find' and 'sort' running at 4:40 AM ?

Regards, Chuck