On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:04:30PM +0000, Heimo Claasen wrote:
> Sorry, I should have made this a bit more explicit: as the sub-thread
> started from some exchange on XBasic v-a-v Quickbasic, I referred to the
> lack of a Basic _compiler_.
> (_interpreters_ use to be hotbeds for spaghetti code, indeed. And in
> any case, they are "slow"; which is the reason for having binaries
> progs at all.)

Excuse me, I don't want to start a flamewar, but compilers/interpreters have
nothing to do with the aesthitic result of your code. This has to do 100%
with the grammar/syntax of the language you are coding.

And BASIC is number 1 candidate for spaghetti code...

Elias

--
http://gnewtellium.sourceforge.net                      MP3 is not a crime.