Well, something I never thought would happen to me is happening: I have
more than 1 USB drive hooked to my computer!  That's because I just bought
one of those 6 in 1 card readers for flash memory cards.  Prior to that, I
had only 1 external USB hard drive I would hook to the computer from time
to time.  It seems that I've got at least a major part of the issue of
getting the computer (Libranet [Debian variant] with 2.4.19 kernel) to
recognize the new drive out of the way: like with my other external hard
drive, the flash disks get recognized as scsi drives.  They can therefore
be found at /dev/sdxx, and assigned mount points from there.  But I am a
little confused about how this relates to fstab.  I put an entry there
some time ago for my external HD, which I always mounted at /usb-hd as
/dev/sda1.  But now that I have this reader, it will not always be found
at /dev/sda1.  Thus, my question: beyond doing a fully manual mount (e.g.,
mount /dev/sdxx /mnt/flash-cf) of each drive, how should this be done?  Is
there some simpler way of mounting these USB drives?  I can't think of an
fstab entry that would work.  Advice on how to more easily mount my USB
drives will be appreciated.

James