Sunday, June 15, 2003, 1:07:48 AM, you wrote:

SS> Make sure you do a text-only install, as opposed to an X-Windows
SS> install. 24MB is a bit small to do X without swap. This may be the
SS> source of your problems.  I'd also suggest that you make your swap file
SS> reasonably large (a couple hundred meg).

Yes, the problem is that several installators (like Mandrake one)
can't (or I don't know how to) create a swap file for installation
process. For example in ASP (this is Russian RH compatible distributive)
swap is automatically created for installation if system detects a low
amount of memory.

SS> You never really said what this is for. are you intending to
SS> run twm and Firebird, a text-only box, or do you expect to
SS> shoehorn KDE into that thing?

Yes, I'm going to run such GUI applications. I'm not sure that on my PC
they'll be working stable. But I have experience with FBSD on a similar
box and I have no complains even about GUI!

Thank everybody replied. Soon I'll be able to download and
burn such staff like Vectorlinux (spasibo, nikogda ne slishal pro nego
ranishe) or Slackware or maybe RH. I will probably need RTFM
documentation again.

----
Martchukov Anton aka VH                   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 155279978

"_Theory_ is when you know everything but nothing works.
_Practice_ is when everything works but no one knows why.
_IN THIS PLACE_ we're combining theory and practice - nothing works
 and no one knows why!"