vh wrote:

> Thank you for your help, I think I'll go with Slackware.
> I've got an advice also to try VectorLinux (Slackware based
> distributive, but with easy installation) Since I don't angry a
> command line...I'm not sure.

 I do not know VectorLinux.

> CG>  Does system have ATAPI IDE CD-ROM drive?
>
> Yeah, but 8x Samsung SCR-830.

 For install, I often copy the /slackware/* files over to a HD
partition.  Then select HD media during install setup program.
It is much faster than CD-ROM install.  Although it takes some
time to 'cp /cdrom/slackware/* /dev/hda3/slackware/' ;-)

> When I tried to set up ASP, it stopped work at about 50% of installed
> packages and since that moment I would unable to mount/unmount or even see
> cdrom at all. Kernel complained about DMA not supported, but
> hdparm didn't solve the problem....hardware thing or bad distributive?

I do not know ASP.
<snip>
> CG>  If you try Slackware, I will help.
> CG> I recommend Slackware v8.0 to start:
> CG> ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-8.0/

 Then:
http://gelm.dyndns.org/download/linux/slackware-8.0/isos/install.iso

HTH, Chuck