On Tuesday 22 July 2003 17:19, Dan Zlotnikov wrote:
> In Deb.woody, kernel 2.4.18, I have the following problem:
>
> mount /cdrom
> "sure," the computer says, "I will."
>
> cd /cdrom
>
> mplayer -fs whateverthehellI'mwatching
> "Okay," says the computer.
>
> cd
> "No problems," says the beast.
>
> umount /cdrom
> umount: /cdrom: device is busy
> Or in other words, "*$^! you!"

No it says' sommat or someone started another program while you were in /cdrom
'fuser' would be a good idea on this one.

fuser /cdrom

may help.

> No processes that I could identify suggested themselves as the visible
> culprit. Rebooting works, but killing the x-session doesn't.

Let fuser decide that.

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of theives because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/