Theo. Sean Schulze wrote:

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 09:55:34AM -0800, dave hunted and pecked out:

I've been runing Mandrake for a couple of years and I'm still having problems with groups. This is the procedure for making a group and sharing a subdirectory that I use. Can someone tell me where I'm screwing up? Thanks in advance

Make a folder: mkdir /home/everyone
make group: groupadd everyone
add users gpasswd -a dave everyone
add users gpasswd -a laura everyone
change the group for the folder chgrp -R everyone /home/everyone
add write for group everyone chmod g+r /home/everyone

Could just be a typo, but r adds read privileges. g+w would add write privileges.

When I'm done with this I still can not make a folder in /home/everyone logged on as dave.

If that wasn't a typo, then it would explain why you can't write a new directory in the /home/everyone folder.

again thanks for your help

--
Dave Pomeroy K7DNP South Eastern Washington

Cheers,
Sean

Sean,
That was a typo. I've made some progress with Rays help. It appears msec is causing the problem. It keeps running and revoking the write on the /home/everyone subdirectory for the group. I'll work on msec.
Thanks for the help

--
Dave Pomeroy K7DNP South Eastern Washington