At 01:22 PM 2/17/2004 -0800, dave wrote:
[...]
That was a typo. I've made some progress with Rays help. It appears msec is causing the problem. It keeps running and revoking the write on the /home/everyone subdirectory for the group. I'll work on msec.
Thanks for the help

If I read the online docs for msec correctly, the standard mask for permissions is normally determined by the security level you choose to run msec at; the higher the level, the more restrictive the permissions. But this is one of the things you can modify independent of security level, by settings in

        /etc/security/msec/perm.$PERM_LEVEL
or
        /etc/security/msec/perm.local

Look in http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/secure/smsec.html for the details.