On Saturday 19 June 2004 23:43, Anshuman Singh Rawat wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> I rescued it using the disk. On undoing what I had done (which screwed up
> grub), Grub still didn't recover (I am sure that I undid correctly, as I
> had only changed one parameter in grub.conf - 'default'). So I reinstalled
> grub from the disk. But the problem still remains of changing the boot
> order.

Just what commands did you give grub after the changes.?
There is a command something like grub -install (don't have a grub machine
handy here at the moment to check) to make grub reread its config file.

'man grub' should help.

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of thieves because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/