Replying to both your messages together.

At 10:12 PM 8/21/2004 -0700, Adam Boettiger wrote:
James and Ray -

Thanks for the help.

I couldn't figure out how to install the linuxant.com solution, although that looks like it would work.

Did you look at the instructions on the following URL?

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/install.php?PHPSESSID=c62f3bc5fc1f9c6e87f206b3c1967db5

"Method A" there offers specific (and, seemingly, very simple) instructions for rpm-based distros, which I assume Fedora is. Certainly the Debian instructions ("Method B") are crystal clear (I use Debian here, so can judge DEbian procedures a bit more readily than Fedora procedures).

But from reading on at this URL, I note that you have to go on to install a driver from the card vendor. This makes me think that linuxant's solution offers less than meets the eye, and you might do as well, whihe saving $19.95, to use the (free) ndis package at the Sourceforge site (which lists a Fedora package).

In Google I narrowed it down to this but have no idea how to install it or configure it.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=4767653&forum_id=38938

Not being a Fedora user, I cannot give you specific help on this. I can tell you that apt-get is the standard Debian (not Fedora) package installer, so unless RH has adapted it for use in Fedora, the suggested procedure is non-standard for that distro (which I would expect to be rpm based).