At 07:01 PM 3/14/2005 -0500, Eve Atley wrote:

First, I had 'user account is locked'.

Second, once I logged in via the linux box, using 'ssh -l manik
192.168.10.57', it created a new .Xauthority file, apparently.

And they're in.

I hope your problem is solved ... but I'd encourage you to keep an eye on this, at the least.

.Xauthority should have no connection with ssh logins ... and I just verified that the one host where I have an account but no .Xauthority file (this file derives from running X sessions, as you might guess from the name, so is present on my workstations) connects just fine with Winscp.

I don't know what "user account is locked" means, possibly hecause I don't know the context in which you got that message.