> Hai
>    I have written a daemon, and it is working when I load it.
>    Now I want to start that daemon at startup in linux, so that without
> manually running , it has to start along with all the daemons available
> in the system. I came to know that we need to put a script into
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/
> similar to sshd or atd. Do we need to write a script to run my daemon?
>
> I have the daemon's binary, what should be the script content to run it .

There is a bit difference between distribution, you should tell us at
least what distribution do you use. For example there is an easy way
to add a daemon in Red Hat based distribution, just add the line in
"\etc\rc.d\rc.local" file (it is not the best way do do it, but for
starters it is OK i think so). Often you will find a file named
"skeleton", "template" (or something similar) where you'll find short
description how to write your own start script.

Arturas M.