On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Mike wrote:

//Hello again guys....
//My son is still after me to install Doom on the HardDrive but when I try
//and find it on my cd-rom by typing   cd /mnt/cdrom ls-l  I don't see any
//files on there and I know that it has files on it...
//Is there another way to see files on the CD or floppy either???
//Thanx for any help...
//Mike & son. :)
//

you need to mount the cd first...

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
_then_ cd /mnt/cdrom
ls -l

[this assumes you have a symbolic link between /dev/cdrom and the actual
cdrom device]

>> I Like England Just Fine, But I Ain't Eating Any Of That Beef <<
<<  MailTo: root <at> kermit "dot" globalnet /dot\ co 'dot' uk   >>