COM 2 and COM 4 share and IRQ by DOS default. If they modem is configured Plug
and Play Win95 will assign it another IRQ to avoid conflicts (usually). To
accomplish this in Linux you need isapnptools. This will allow you to duplicate
your Win95 settings. If it is jumpered for IRQ 5 add a line to
/etc/rc.d/rc.local that reads
    "setserial /dev/cua3 irq 5 uart 16550a spd_vhi" (minus the quotes)
this tells Linux that COM 4 is a non-standard port using IRQ 5, a 16550A uart
chip (to allow high speed communications) and to allow high speed communications
up to 115200BPS. Actually you will need this line to allow you to use IRQ 5 in
either case. Just read the isapnp man page or write me for help.