[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

> WIN95 doesn't write to the MBR when you run setup from control panel
> Add/Remove programs. I speak from experience. It has NEVER happened to me.
> However, it ALWAYS rewrites the MBR when you install it or reinstall it using
> the SETUP.exe command on the CDROM.
I installed W95 two times on a HD where Linux was already installed.
Both times I had to change the MBR with fdisk /mbr because
W95 couldn't boot after the first restart.
I installed W95 from CD. The setup was started from the Setup-Bootdisk.
AFAIK this was oemsetup.exe.

--

Guenter Zoechbauer
EDV-Dienstleistung