According to Mark Dohojda: While burning my CPU.

> I have couple questions.  First of all how do you add packages to a
> kernel (such as new or updated device drivers).  Also how do you compile
> source code of a program.  For instance I just downloaded arena browser.
> I can untar and gunzip it, but then I am not sure how I can compile the
> source code to get the program running.  Finally I am trying to install
> netscape but it tell me that there is a wrong file name, and that I need
> mozila.  What the heck is Mozila and where do I get it.

Kernel: Read /usr/src/linux/README it will explane HOWTO compile a kernel
and what to do when it is compiled.

Netscape: Read the INSTALL or README file which comes with the package, that
should say what is needed and HOWTO compile it all.

Areana: Same answer as above.

Monzilla: The Netscape readme will also explain that.

That all sounds rather hard, just to come out and say Read the Manuals,
however, by reading the instructions they should tell you all you need to
know.

Normaly one would type something like;

'./configure' or an equivalant 'make config' then 'make' 'make install'
In the source directrory of the wanted program of course.

Anyway with programs like netscape and arena there are normaly "pre compiled
binary's" included in the packages.

I dont know which version of netscape you are trying to install but in all
versions i have ever seen there is a line of text at the bottom of the
readme which says;

And remember, it's spelled N-e-t-s-c-a-p-e, but it's pronounced "Mozilla."

--
Regards Richard.