According to chrisj: While burning my CPU.

> While compiling the kernel and running zlilo, I get the following error:
>
> open /boot/initrd-2.0.35.img: No such file or directory
> make [1]: *** [zlilo] Error 1
> make [1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-2.0.35/arch/i386/boot'
> make: *** [zlilo] Error 2

Make zlilo is, 'install the kernel image in the directory defined' in
/etc/lilo.conf, or you have changed the Top_dir Makefile to look like

INSTALL_PATH=/boot/initrd-2.0.35.img

just define it as /boot and do the same in /etc/lilo.conf
zlilo will copy  /boot/vmlinuz to vmlinuz.old first before writing the new
zImage to /boot/vmlinuz.

--
Regards Richard.