On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Virginia K. Wills wrote:

> I installed glibc-devel as was suggested. Was able to do 'make xconfig'.
> 'make dep' and 'make clean' worked without any errors while working on
> linux-2.3.10 kernel. When did 'make bzImage', it ends with the following
> error:
>
> fs/filesystems.a(fat.o): In function `fat_file_write':
> fat.o(.text+02769): undefined reference to `update_vm_cache'
> make:***[vmlinux] Error 1

FAT filesystem support has been deliberately broken so that it will not
compile in recent development kernels, and will remain so until somebody
fixes it *properly*.  If you don't like it, you shouldn't be trying to run
development kernels.

--
Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There's nothing like the face of a kid eating a Hershey bar.