According to Karl F. Larsen: While burning my CPU.

>       You need to go back and recompile your kernel and specify that the
> kernel have a ISO turned on that is necessary for data cd-roms. I can't
> find easly the exact name but it's there on all newer kernels.

Huum...

Karl leave the bootleg wiskey alone.

Its easy to find, "iso9660 filesystem". If the person concerned has 2.0.34
or later then he will need to say "y" to NLS support when doing a make
config otherwise he will not be presented with any options for dos, vfat,
is09660 and/or the likes thereof.

BTW, it was also included in earlier kernels as well iso9660 is NOT so new.

--
Regards Richard.