According to Brian Corrigan: While burning my CPU.

> Well heres the procedure.  I login as a regular user.  I then type 'su' to gain root
>access.  Now I'm root and I still cant exectue any commands....  IS something wrong?
> HELP!
> BC

Use 'su - root'
That will give you a $PATH inherintant for root's $PATH.

Try this as it will explane;

type 'su' without the '-' enter the required passwd, then type;
echo $PATH
Note down the path and then type 'exit'

Now use 'su - root' enter passwd, type echo $PATH, now i am sure you
will see a great differance in the default PATH.

If thats not what you want to hear or see, then you will have to enlighten
us on just what you are doing, ie, send us the used commands and the error
messages the produce.

--
Regards Richard.