I can help with some since I just went through it, But still am getting
Segmentation errors when I run a KDE Ap.
Anyone have any help for me. B-)

>1) I need to put the /opt/kde/bin directory in my PATH -- where do I
>find/do this?

If you want every user to have acces then
/etc/bashrc
Just put a colon and add the additional path to the line.

>2) I need to set the KDEDIR environment variable to /opt/kde -- how?

Put this in /etc/profile
under your other environment statement type
KDEDIR="/opt/kde/"

>3) Need to edit the X-Windows config files so that other window managers
>don't start.  The FAQ claims these are in my home directory, but they
>don't appear to be.  And second, what should I delete once I find the
>files (the FAQ just says "anything that looks like a window manager"!)

Again for all users go to
/etc/.xinitrc

If you only want one of your users to use KDE then put the files in that
users home directory.  The files there will have the same name.

Scroll through the file and look for any reference to
$PATH:
or
$PATHHOME
reference and change the ending from your default WM to "startkde"

Use any editor that you like for this.  I like emacs.
For fast editing of files it is very easy to use and you don't have to know
all the nice techie stuff till you get around to it.
Just remember to save your file after editing. A nice thing about emacs is
it makes a backup of the file so if you go wrong, you have a saved copy of
the original.

Ron

>Thanks,
>Brian Dunnette