I am trying to use minicom to connect to my isp (i use multiple numbers
so chat is not a good option).

When I run minicom, it displays a version message and places the cursor
in the middle of the screen. When I type anything nothing happens,
however the ^A commands work so the program hasn't crashed.

Could someone tell me how minicom is supposed to behave (i have read the
man page it doesn't specify) and what may becausing mine to behave this
way?

--
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
17728385