A few weeks ago, I was running DOSEmu on RH5.0.  It crashed and I lost
graphics.  I tried to reinstall Linux, but it wouldn't (CD is scratched up
too bad).  So, I just put some games (DOOM, Blood, Quake, ROTT, etc..) on
my formated Linux partition (I backed up the important stuff).  So, now I
am trying out Slackware.  I got PPP and alot of other stuff working
perfectly, but X wont work.  I used XF86Setup and set everything up
correctly, but the changes don't seem to be made in /etc/XF86Config isn't
like how I set it up.  I get the following error when trying to get into
X:

(--) SVGA: PCI: Cirrus Logic GD5434 rev 252, Memory @ 0xfe000000
(--) SVGA: clgd5420: Cirrus 62x5 and 5420 chipsets not supported in 16bpp
mode
(--) SVGA: clgd5420: Specifying a Clocks line makes no sense for this
driver
(**) SVGA: chipset:  clgd5420
(**) SVGA: videoram: 1024k

(**) SVGA: 16bpp not supported for this chipset

 *** A configured device found, but display modes could not be
resolved.***

Fatal server error:
no screens found

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

According to Windows (95) the Chip is a Cirrus Logic GD-54xx.  1024K of
vidio RAM.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I have a probelm with lilo.  I belive the script file is correct
(it's set up like it was under RH), and when I run 'lilo' it sets
everything up with no errors, but when the system restarts, I can't type
anything in at the LILO prompt.   But after 30 seconds, Linux does boot.
I just can't get into Windows.  So, I used my Startup disk and did a
'fdisk /mbr' so I could get into windows.  I have a bootdisk to get into
Linux.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Later
Scorpion