According to [EMAIL PROTECTED]: While burning my CPU.

> Hi all,
> I'm real new at Linux, just tried installing Slackware for a couple hours
> today, but it wouldn't work.  I was just wondering if anyone knew if there
> were any, any at all, problems with using Slackware (any version) on an
> old IBM PS/2 with MCA, Intel 386 25 MHz, 14.7 Mb RAM, 153 Mb SCSI HD, PS/2
> port mouse, and a small color monitor.

None that i know of, execpt if you dont have the correct boot disk for a
scsi controler then it wont work.

Here is a small sumary of scsi controlers and thier respective disks.

 SCSI controller bootdisks:  7000fast.s, advansys.s, aha152x.s, aha1542.s,
                             aha1740.s, aha2x4x.s, am53c974.s, buslogic.s,
                             dtc3280.s, eata_dma.s, eata_isa.s, eata_pio.s,
                             fdomain.s, in2000.s, iomega.s, n53c406a.s,
                             n_5380.s, n_53c7xx.s, pas16.s, qlog_fas.s,
                             qlog_isp.s, seagate.s, trantor.s, ultrastr.s,
                             ustor14f.s

 If you have no idea which SCSI controller your machine has, you can also
 try the generic SCSI bootdisk "scsi.s".  You can determine what controller
 type you have by watching the boot messages.  Then, you should make the
 bootdisk that matches your controller and use that to install.  (Since the
 scsi.s kernel is loaded with SCSI drivers, it consumes quite a bit of
memory
 that the disks designed for a single SCSI controller do not)

extracht from /cdrom/bootdsks.144/WHICH.ONE

Next time please explane what you are doing, what you are using (disk names)
in this case, and what happens when you try to install or start to install,
to the point of exacht error messages and the commands given, that will get
you a more spesific answer and help us see what you are doing wrong.

> TIA,
> Rob
>
> --
> --------
> Rob Radez
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Not even experienced enough to be called a Linux Newbie...

Now thats an honest signature.

--
Regards Richard.