CaT wrote:

> Howdy folks. I've been trying for ages to do this but am failing
> miserably.
>
> How in GODS name do I get ^H to 'erase' on the console login prompt?

        stty erase ^H

> I have the bakcspace key sending ^H (modified a keymap) and I have
> stty erase ^H in my rc.local and yet the damned thing still doesn't
> want to do it... ^? works regardless tho. :/

Are you referring to bash, or the terminal driver itself?

bash uses the readline library, which puts the terminal into raw mode,
and performs its own line-editing. You can configure this using the
~/.inputrc file. Try using

        "\b":   backward-delete-char

See the readline(3) manpage for more details.

--
Glynn Clements <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>