Using recycled bits, Ishaaq K Chandy said:
% On Sun, 08 Nov 1998, Jim wrote:
% >Pine is available now that will handle pop email. Takes some work to get it
% >working but its the best there is. I think that the version is 4.03 anything
% >else wont handle pop email.
% >
%
% Took your suggestion, downloaded version 4.04 as I had 3.96 earlier. However
% 'man pine' still says nothing about POP.

You have to go into Setup->Configuration from within Pine to find out
how to configure POP email.  It is possible and lots of people use it
this way.  I haven't done it in quite awhile, so I don't remember
exactly how to do it.

% Rmail under Emacs has also been suggested. However can't figure out how to
% configure it to download from a POP server.
%
% For those who've missed: Any suggestions for a good text-mode POP mail-client?

Mutt.

--
Kurt Wall
Informix on Linux FAQ: http://www.users.uswest.net/~kwall/iolfaq.html