According to Mike Monastero: While burning my CPU.

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Red Hat 5.0. But every time I try, it fails with:
>
>   "mount failed: invalid argument"

If you tell us more about HOW you start up the system to install Redhat
maybe it would be a lot easier to answer.

Mount failed means no Hardisks and or no cdrom!! found, and the invalid
argument would indicate that you might be typing something in at the Prompt
just after the floppy is read, try "Just Hit Enter" at that point like it
says and see what happens, if you are "Just hitting enter" then please
attach more details of the system in your next message and any other error
messages.

> after it has formatted the drive and is mounting the filesystem in the =
> partitions.

Could it be that its not being told to make the ext2 filesystem first.?

> There's nothing offered in the way of recovery by the installation =
> program other than to go back and retry the install (which always =
> fails).
>
> Any ideas on what's causing this or what I can do to solve the problem?

Not without more information.

--
Regards Richard.