At 05:47 15/11/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Jim Nichols wrote:
>
>> Hi, and thanks in advance for any help...
>> I've installed suse 5.3 on my 2nd hd, a 3.2g JTS. WIn95 is on the
>> master drive, a Maxtor 500m. I partitioned the JTS using their
>> Disk Manager. After installation I booted up win95 and found that
>> I could no longer use My Computer or Explorer or anything that
>> needs to look at directory structure. Installing linux apparently
>> made the drive unreadable, but w95 still wants to try and read
>> it, and hangs the machine when it tries.
>>
>> Any thoughts or suggestions come to mind?
>>
>> Thanks...

I think you are having win95 problems that might only be fixed with a
reinstallation.

But first, have you tried doing a full scandisk (i.e. surface scan etc.).
This has fixed problems where the size of my win95 partitions are read
incorrectly in Windows Explorer.  This problem occurs sometimes after an
improper shutdown or a crash in win95.  remember to set the report option
to "append to log" so you can see afterwards what errors were picked up.

I have somewhat similar conflicts with linux and win95.  I changed the
entry on a linux partition from swap to native and that stuffed up certain
files in win95 (basically, i now have sound problems).  I know that this
should not happen but it did.  i have had a few "disk" conflicts
before...weird...

This, i suspect is a registry problem...maybe...i have tried everything
else but reinstalling windows, or doing a complete reformat/reinstallation
of linux and win95.

adrian b.

Some oxygen molecules help fires burn while others help
make water, so sometimes it's brother against brother.