Jim Nichols wrote:

> Chris, thanks for responding...I still get my win95 desktop all
> right. Also, when I ran the DM again, reformatting the JTS drive
> (slave) that had linux, everything worked fine again. I had Win95
> with access to the D: and E: drives; F: was once again an
> accesible CDROM. So it's only when I install linux on the 2nd
> drive that this problem appears. Something about the Disk Manager
> and its proprietary formatting, maybe?
>
> BTW, I didn't install LiLO...was just going to boot from a boot
> disk when I wanted to use linux.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Jim

Hi Jim!

Sorry for being so brain damaged that I didnīt get it the first time
round. Your assumption must be right, it must be the JT Disk Manager (a
product Iīve never heard of here in Germany) that is causing your
problems. I would suggest leaving the new drive formatted (or not, it
didnīt matter when I installed SuSE 5.3 on a brand new hdd) but *donīt*
partition it for Linux with JT DM. Then go through the SuSE installation
process again. This way, youīll be using Linuxī fdisk, mkfs and mount
commands on the partitions you wish to create on the new hdd. Donīt
touch the Win partition (-s?) on the old drive during installation.
Hope this will work for you!

--
   __ o     See you, Christoph Hammann, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  _`\<,     ;-)  Too freaking busy feigning computer literacy  (-;