usableOn 11/13/98 12:21 AM Clay Mellender said...
>Nope! as long as your enabling Hardware compression (stty -crtscts)
>and you have the proper modem string you can connect at up to 53.3 kbps.
>I have a usr sportster external that regularly connects between 48 and
>52 kbps. The biggest thing is the init string.
>Clay

I'm a bit confused.  Is that with the V.90 or the 56KFlex/X2 service, or
can you use either?  Am I better off staying with the X2 service or
should I upgrade to the V.90?  Does it matter?  In any case, send me
a site has instructions on setting up the hardware conmpression.  I'm
always interested in anything that will give me a faster high (read:
faster download).

Michael