On 25-Nov-98 h-to-he wrote:
> Hi all,
> When I fsck or e2fsck -c my h/d, there's message :
> " deleted inode 45344, has zero dtime , Fix?"
> "block bitmap differences : -2608 -2609"
> "free block count wrong" "Inode bitmap difference: -45344 fixed,..etc
> And then after that, for the second time ,  I repeat fsck and I had the same
> messages.
>
> Could anyone explain to me,..:
> 1. what is "has zero dtime"? My h/d is new, does my h/d have bad sector?
> 2. Is there utility in linux like "surface scan" (in Winblows) for checking
> "bad sector"?

You can check for bad blocks on your hard disk using the appropriately named
"badblocks" utility. It features a write-read test, but doing such a test will
destroy all content on the disk/partition.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the error. Perhapes someone with more
experience debugging ext2 file system could help.

Cort