According to h-to-he: While burning my CPU.

> On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, LENGARD Pascal OCISI wrote:
>
> > when you format your drive for the first time they're a possibility to
> > format AND check sectors (use -c with mke2fs) with a read-only test (as
> > man page said).
> > i don't know if you can do the same when all is installed ...
> mmm...mke2fs -c ...Is that just check or then create..?
> That's only  "fast" readonly test..,.another utility like norton maybe?

mke2fs makes a ext2 filesystem.

Maybe you would be beter of doing a little reading, dont get me wrong, the
linux system provides a few hady ways to findout just what a program is for,
some handy commands are;

'man program' manual pages for that program.
'whatis program' A quick explanation of what the program is and does.
'info program' Gives much more inforation than just the manual page in
               some cases.

Nobody expect's any newbie to know about the information system within
linux, indeed it could be that you did not even install the manual pages,
that would have been a big mistake on your part.

Some manual pages will not be all to clear to a newbie, some are criptic
others are just un'understandable, in this case "fsck and e2fsck" should
be understandable for you.

Now i made a mistake a few minutes ago, i forgot to Cc my last message to
you, but i did Cc it to the list. If you still dont understand howto run
fsck and repair your drive, let me know i will "try" to help you further.

--
Regards Richard.