Greetings...I have, yet again, a most likely simple question...  :-P

My friend has a Compaq Presario laptop which I partitioned so it has Linux
on it.  Red Hat 5.1 to be exact...

Anyhow, I tried configuring her display for X the only way I knew how:
figuring it out as we go along...  (What can I say, its my preferred
method of working...)  :-)  So, I did most of the generic settings,
ans generic laptop settings whenever possible...  Eventually I felt like a
moron when I realized that all I had to do was use Windows to look up the
name of her video card stuff...  So, I did, and I got the name of it.
It's something like NeoMagic or something like that...I don't have it with
me.

Regardless, any attempts that I make to change the settings result in the
same error, over and over.  It says something about not being able to find
any displays and it has an "SVGA" in there somewhere.  This still happens
even if I set it to VGA...

So, X is not working, and I'd like to get it working!!!  Any ideas on how
to get this configured properly???

Thanks!

-Evan "Just call me Mr. Newbie" Hansen-