Hello! I have installed Linux on a 386 w/2 megs of RAM. It was
installed on a 35 MB partition and worked well. I would suggest using a
small Linux distribution such a Slakware. At the time I installed Slakware
3.4. You may also wish to try Debian if you are more familliar with it.

        You will probably need at least a 8 to 12 MB swap partition just
to get started. I find that my 386 runs just fine as a console based
system.

        Good luck and have fun!

Nathanael Law - Student :-(    | SysAdmin
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED]