According to Michael B. Trausch: While burning my CPU.

> How do I stop "sendmail" from broadcasting a message everytime a new mail
> is sent to a user account?  I don't mind the beep... but the broadcast to
> the terminal just kills everything... and I lose whatever it is on the
> screen until I have the oppurtunity to refresh it somehow.

Its possably not sendmail thats doing that, possably procmail or whatever
you have defined in /etc/sendmail.cf, they mostly all use the comsat program
which in turn uses biff to annoy you by printing garbage on your screen.
Either comment out the line which calls comsat in /etc/inetd.conf or add
"biff -n" to you $USER enviroment, for example in /home/$USER/.profile

--
Regards Richard.