> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> First off. Thanks to all who answered my query on uninstalling RH 1.0.

Wasn't I

> I recently encountered Mlinux or monkey linux in another list about PCs. All
> installations of Linux I know call for a separate partition and a boot manager.
> But according to the writer, Monkey Linux installs directly in the DOS
> partition.
>
> My questions are: How does monkey linux do this?

It uses a filesystem called umdos

>What are  the pros and cons?

Pros- Don't have to repartition you hard drive, don't have to backup to
repartition.

Cons- I don't know this from first hadn exp, but I've been told it runs
slower than linux native fs.  Plus who wants to share with dos :)

> And can any of the major distributions do this?

More or less, I know slackware can do this, suse can do it in demo mode.
I heard debain could do it.  I haven't heard anything about if redhat can
or others.  But most should, just check there site.