The login side of your name issue is normall caused by the prompt. By default
the promt is
<username@servername  CURRENTDIR>
What your error message means is that there is no name associated with that
user. How did you create your users ? Try adduser username

As for the Netscape thing, it sounds like Apache can't resolve your fqdn (fully
qualified domain name)

Make sure that there is a line in your /etc/hosts file that reads
ip.ip.ip.ip       yourhost.yourdomain.com
subsititre ip for your own IP address and your actual machine name eg
wayne.myoffice.co.za for the next section...

Hope this helps....

Wayne Pascoe                            TEL: +27-11-888-1869
Datrix Solutions                                FAX: +27-11-782-0704
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     CELL: +2782-336-2556