Hi all,

        I am needing some quick help here... I am thinking of purchasing an
ASDL modem, as my ISP is offering a 24/7 1.544Mbps connection via this
method at $35/mo plus the $60 per year I pay currently for access
through them.  I am wondering if there are even drivers out yet for ASDL
devices on Linux.  That's my *first* concern.... secondly, if I use the
ASDL modem via an Ethernet hub (as my ISP suggests would be best to
network a whole house to the Internet), would I even need the ASDL
driver?
        And, lastly, how would I make it so that say, MACHINE_ONE would be a
Linux machine, providing a proxy/gateway for MACHINE_TWO, running
Windows 98, on the Ethernet network?  (The ISP only allows for *ONE*
static IP address, and therefore, I conclude that a proxy or somehow
different type of network needs to be built, with the Linux box as the
bridge?  I most *definately* don't want the Win98 box to have the static
IP from my ISP.)
        I'm planning on building a server (http, ftp) on the Linux box, and
allowing some of the directories to actually be links to the FAT32
partition on the Windows box... it's kind of complicated... and on top
of that, I want a private dial-in line so that if I'm somewhere else, I
can always dial into my home machine and get mail. (My Linux box will be
it's own mailserver, if I can get the appropriate software, as well, if
it's not already installed.)

        - M. Trausch

Michael B. Trausch                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lake High School                         http://www.wcnet.org/~mtrausch
Running Slackware 3.5                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Running Pine 4.05, Lynx 2.81, and learning Linux along the way! :-)

All this wheeling and dealing around, why, it isn't for money,
it's for fun.  Money's just the way we keep score.
                -- Henry Tyroon