Ray Olszewski wrote:

> The bash message means that bash can't find an executable copy of wine
> anywhere in your PATH (an environment variable).
>
> 1. Make sure that /usr/local/bin is in your PATH. (It probably is. You can
> check by typing "env" at the command line and looking at the result for PATH.)

/.usr/local/bin/wine is in my PATH when I checked with "env "

> 2. Make sure that /usr/local/bin/wine is executable by whatever userid you
> are using to run the test. To check this, do the following:
>
>         cd /usr/local/bin
>         ls -l | grep wine

when I did the above I get the following
-r-xr-xr-x     1 root     root    2055549   Dec 20  12 :53  wine

> For wine to execute, EITHER the string of letters on the left should be
>
>         -rwxr-xr-x
>
> OR the userid in the third field should match the one you were trying to run
> wine as AND the string of letters should read
>
>         -r-x------
>
> (In either case above, it doesn't matter if some of the "-" characters are
> replaced by letters.) If you need to fix this, a quick-and-dirty way to do
> so is (while running as whatever userid owns wine, that is, the one in the
> third field mentioned above):
>
>         cd /usr/local/bin
>         chmod 555 wine

I did this too but I get the same message when I ls -l |grep wine
-r-xr-xr-x     1 root     root    2055549   Dec 20  12 :53  wine

I am still getting the message
bash:wine:command not found

I have /usr/local/lib/libwine.so.1.0..

The first time I installed wine I did just ./configure and the second time I did
./configure --enable-dll

Could I be making a mistake inmy /usr/local/etc/wine.conf file

Thanks

Garry Mascarenhas