On 23-Dec-98 Gerard Mascarenhas wrote:
> Ray Olszewski wrote:
>
>> 1. EXACTLY what the PATH= line says when you check your env (remember, the
>> "line" may wrap onto 2 or more lines on your screen).
>
> PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
>
> The /usr/local/bin/wine  appeared previously  because I had but the line
> PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin/wine" in .bash_profile which I have now taken off.

You'll need the "/usr/local/bin" directory to be in your path.

The PATH environmental variable, list all the _directories_ that are searched
when a command is entered. "/usr/local/bin/wine" is incorrect as it describes
the file for wine, not the directory in which it resides.

> bash: wine: command not found
> (space before wine and space before command)

This is definitely a path problem. Permission problems will give a "Permission
denied".

Cort