Dave Lambrix wrote:

> Hi all..
>
> I have installed Slackware on my system, and I've come to the point where
> I'm not able to learn any more on my own. I have searched quite a bit, but I
> have only come up with specific information regarding Red Hat! Are there any
> (good) Slackware resources on the net?

90% of Linux docs are for slackware, my rh5 cd had mainly slackware
specific docs. So check the Linux Documentation Project, I have it
linked to from

http://www.bigfoot.com/~blakdogg

> To be specific, I am wondering if there is a shell that comes with the
> distribution that would make configuration easier. I had heard Red Hat came
> with a MAC OS-like interface; is this in Slackware, too?

GLint is a RH beast, Slackware has pkgtool which is quite painful. You
can use rpms with slackware - there is a howto about this. Also GLint
should be able to run on any Linux distrib. But my advice is to learn
how to handle tar.gz and the command line.

> Also, I am
> absolutely clueless as to how to dial up to the net. I have run the ppp and
> net configuration programs, but what's next is a mystery..

First step is to configure your modem, then minicom. When you can dial
out check my page i have a link to the best Linux Internet Primer (took
me months to get on the net so i feel your pain). The primer and the PPP
howto and man pages should carry through. The hardest part is being able
to dial out from linux.