My initial question is, where do I find a guideline for script-writing?
I can infer only so much from the examples.

But I have a specific question. I have a log-in script that starts with
"echo=...", and that works OK. So at least I'm accessing the script.

I'm trying to reach a finicky modem server. Experience shows that the
server must be waken up with one or two carriage returns, but that
signal must occur after about 3 seconds after CONNECT or else it gets
lost in the noise.

So, I want the sript to write a 4-second delay after receiving "CONNECT"
and then write a couple carriage returns.

I assume I need to "waitfor" CONNECT, but then the script seems to insist
upon a "transmit." In any case, I hang at this point. Would the ^M^M
go in quotes andor follow a "transmit?"

 Haines Brown

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    www.hartford-hwp.com