You don't say which disctirubtion you are using, so I can't give a complete
answer. In any case, you ewant to edit the file /etc/lilo.conf, then re-run
lilo from the command line. On my systems (Slackware 3.x), there is a
utility "liloconf" that will create a new lilo.conf file correctly. YMMV.

And yes, lilo can be configured to come back after a shutdown without human
intervention. Making Linux the only OS choice, with 0 wait time, is one way
to do this.

At 12:27 AM 1/22/99 -0800, Dave G wrote:
[deleted]
>SO, I can't find any info on how to remove Lilo.  The docs and such dicuss
>how to revert back to booting winderz niney five, but I want to change the
>fat32 partition to linux native and boot Linux everytime, no floppy, no
>lilo.
>
>As a server it's important that the machine can do a "shutdown -r now" and
>come back up without keystrokes from me, I'd like to be able to do it
>remotely etc.  Anyone know where I can find this info?
[deleted]
762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.321.3561 voice     650.322.1209 fax          [EMAIL PROTECTED]