Hi,

1.Please put a "subject" on your mail so we can reffer to something.

2.KDE manual asks before everything if you could connect without using
KDE and then to go to kppp but this is not really necessary.

3.Linux has something against the mothers in low. Myself I could only
connect using my own account.

4.I had also problems with kppp ( hanging, beggining to dial before
getting the dial tone, etc) and I solved them editing a good line for
the initialisation of the modem.The default you find in KDE is not
allways good. For exemple my line is:
AT S7=7 S0=0 S6=5 L3 V1 X3 &c1 E1 Q0
This is in the widow "Edit Modem Commands"
In the device window you have to put dev/modem.This works only if
previously you used the Redhat Control Pannel, the Modem tool to tell
the system on which serial port is your modem. I think is better if you
use first the RedHat Control Pannel to configure the ppp and then go to
KDE. Firt I tried my connection with Minicom and then when I configured
kppp it worked from the first attempt.

Hope it helps you.
Best regards,

Cristian Carnutu