"1stFlight !" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running the default install of RedHat 5.2 with fvwm2 (the one that
> comes with 5.2 and is enabled by default) and for some reason I can't
> get it to configure....I've tried wmconfig, www.themes.org .fvwm2rc file
> and nada...same blue screen. I've tried setting the .fvwm2rc as .fvwm
> .fvwm2 .Xdefaults(desperation) I even tried overwriting system.fvwm2rc
> with the www.theme.org file and THAT had no effect. So I'm totally at a
> loss here..what am I missing?  Thanks for all replies.
>
> Darryl
>
> --

I had the same problem, RH does not install fvwm2 alone.

RH 5.2 comes with a desktop manager or something called Next Level or
another level. If you remove it you get to see fvwm2 which is easier to
configure. fvwm2 is ugly, but it is apparently more stable than the
other WMs.

if you choose you can remove Another -level or Next level then restart
X. the rc files will have a system prefix, so copy system.fvwm2rc to
the  home as .fvwm2rc then configure as documented.

I am very sleepy so I may make a few mistakes, other WM are nicer and
WindowMaker is on the RH5.2 cd.

--
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything
Public Enemy