On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> It is a violation of the license to distribute binaries -- and for good

I thought it was released under GPL, in which case I thought that the only
requirement was that the source was available from the same place.
Also, there are source rpms in the same place, which is what I would
recommend using.  There is no advantage in downloading the source and
compiling it yourself unless you at least look at the source (I do, most
people probably don't).

> reasons. A binary *may* have a back door or hack added. You want to verify
> the PGP signature of *any* security product before installing it.

Of course.  RPM supports PGP signatures.

--
Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Bones: "The man's DEAD, Jim!"