I think I'm in over my head.

All I would like to do is connect one pc with another and share the printer and, if possible, the dial-up connection.

Do I need to have IP addressing?  I know I need it for my ISP dial-up, but why would I use it to connect to the other pc?  How do I use NetBeui/Net Bios in Linux?  Should I reinstall Linux with the Server option?  (Right now I did a Custom installation.)

I tried to see the /proc/interrupts file (to check what IRQ the NIC is using) but am unable to open the file.  Through xfm it just gives the "Zzz" and hangs when I double-click on /proc through 'root'.  When I open it through 'pankil' it just shows a blank file.

--
May the source be with you.
http://www.redhat.com   http://www.linux.org   http://www.skyscaper.com