Hi All,

I've been trying to set up m/vgetty to act as an answering machine. So far I've
been able configure it to answer the phone and record a message, But I can not
get the modem to record a greeting to play out when it answers. I've been trying
to use vm to test the modem. when I try "vm diagnostics modem" it polls the
modem and shows the responses to the at commands but then it says "strike any
key to continue.." and after that it says that it can not read the voice device.

I'm running RH5.2, and I am using a gateway Tellepath 33.6 voice/fax modem (made
by USR).

Any suggestions on how to figure this out?

Stuart