Sorry -- given how frequently people mention sunsite and LDP on the list, I
figured people could find it from that. The URL for the Linux Documentation
Project homepage is

http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/ldp.html

The document is described there thusly:

"The Linux Users' Guide, version beta-1 by Larry Greenfield, is available in
DVI, LaTeX source, PDF (gzipped or zipped), and PostScript (gzipped or zipped)."

I'm adding the linux-newbie list back to the Cc: field, since if you need
this information, probably others do as well.

At 02:26 PM 2/23/99 -0700, you wrote [slightly edited]:
>Where?
>
> Ray Olszewski [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
>> If you want a free (or almost free) source for some of this material, try
>> "The Linux Users' Guide," available in postscript form (and perhaps other
>> forms as well) via the LDP page at sunsite. It's a bit old (copyrights are
>> 1993-96) but still okay on the very basics.

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.321.3561 voice     650.322.1209 fax          [EMAIL PROTECTED]