Dear JH,

As for turning off my plug and play, I consulted my roommate who
works in the hardware department of my school and does summer
work as an intern for Kraft in their computer systems department,
and he was weary as was I about turning off my plug and play.  As
for getting the disk, it was installed by a company which resides on
my campus and getting the disk could be a problem and he won't
be back till spring break.

Also, the last time my card stopped working, I had used it for
netscape and telnet, closed them all down and later restarted
netscape and it wouldn't work.

I looked at my IRQs therefore and out of 15, 3 seems to be the
only spot to use it, the rest are in use.  My win device manager
doesn't even show a com2, only a com1 and lpt1, I have a ps2
mouce and com1 isn't even used, so I'm not worrying preasently.  I
would like to keep my card on 3 and just change it in linux to 3.  I
actually have windows with no device conflicts, a far cry from my
last machine, and I would like to keep it like that as I do still use
win preasently more than linux.  If you could tell me how to change
the interupts in linux, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom